Monday, April 12, 2010

90210 gets a little gay

If you've read this blog more than once, I'm sure you've noticed by now that I have a teeny tiny little crush on Rumer Willis. Well, if you haven't (how you're reading this blind, I don't know), there it is, out there in the open. I have a crush on Rumer Willis. And because of this, I've been obsessively watching '90210' for the past few weeks. Initially I tuned in just to see Mandy Musgrave playing yet ANOTHER lesbian, but the Gia/Adrianna storyline has really captivated my attention. So far, it has been a surprisingly genuine love story, a first for any show of its kind, really. How long it lasts, uh, well, after I watch tonight I'm sure I'll have something to say. But let's catch up on Gia and Ade, shall we?

Last time I brought up the girls, they were right about here:






Awwww! How cute, right?! Like I said, '90210' has really been surprising me these past few weeks. Anyway. Fast forward to the next episode.





For a brief second there at the beginning, it almost looked to me like the girls were getting ready to U-Haul. WAYYYY too much lesbian stereotyping going on had that happened. But nah, Rumer Willis is just similar to my brand of dyke. Our girl tells us to iron, we iron with a big ol' smile on our face and possibly do a little vacuuming, maybe make some dinner, because we know that if we do all this and do it in a pleasant disposition, that we will be getting laid later that evening. That is why we do that. It's not necessarily that we want to. It's because we know damn well we're getting something in return. Secrets of Lezboland, from me to you. So, uh, Rumer, when can I make you dinner?



Andddd back to '90210', so thanks to Gia, Adrianna is now the lead singer of an all-chick band called 'The Glorious Steinems', what an awesome name. The band is set to play their first show with their new vocalist, with Gia providing the role of taxi driver. But there's just one problem, all of their equipment is at the school. And locked up. Woops. Nice planning there, ladies. So, Gia, being the always thinkin' lez that she is, decides that they should climb the fire escape and jump into the courtyard. They all react like it's the best damn idea they've ever heard and that if they'd been there without her, it probably would've taken them a good four hours to figure that out. This includes Adrianna, who is clearly smitten with her new ladylove and Gia tells her to "Come here", which really means, 'Hey, let's tongue wrestle!'. Ade starts to lean in to get ready to rumble when a member of her band comes busting around the corner and ruins it. Adrianna isn't ready to let anyone know that she's dating Gia and Gia isn't having none of that shit. Ladies, ladies, ladies. This is why we do not date the bi-curious species and solely sleep with them, right?



So our girls are in their first little arguement which is totally justified on Gia's part because SHE SAID NO TO GETTING BACK TOGETHER WITH MANDY FUCKING MUSGRAVE TO BE WITH THIS GIRL!!! Adrianna doesn't seem to understand that that is one BFG. One big fucking deal. If I were Gia, I'd be pulling the same attitude. In fact, maybe even with a little more 'bitch tude' thrown in.

The Glorious Steinems finally get to their show. Gia is still not talking to her lady. Ade is freaking out because of stage fright and says she won't perform. But, in true lesbian fashion, the girls all come together to get over their fears, get on stage and perform a kick ass show. But that's not the best part by a long shot, oh no. Check it out for yourselves.



Niiiice. Adrianna kisses Gia. And she kisses her good. And if you go back and look, Rumer totally grabs her ass. Straight up. Takes a fistful of ass. Nicely done, my 'I'm not gay, I swear I'm not' little lovebucket. Adrianna makes her relationship with Gia public and seems to be much happier that way and you know that Gia is much happier that way as well.

This storyline really has surprised me week by week. This isn't like the whole Alex/Marissa debacle we were all forced to watch on 'The OC'. This is a legitimate relationship between two girls, one a full blown lesbian, who actually really like each other. And it's been refreshing to see a girl on girl relationship played out on mainly teen targeted television so accurately. But again, we'll see what tonight brings.

Until next time,
Love and Lesbians xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment